February 3, 2009

A bug – a guru.

Here I sit, in this stranded cave
Having lost all –
My family, love, kingdom and people.
I have nowhere to go,
I await no one’s call –
In that bloody battlefield, I lost them all!

The battle so filthy,
It ruined me to dust –
My people betrayed, whom I trust
Still. Maybe it’s time
For me to bid goodbye –
After all that happened, I wonder why!

Where are you?
My loveliest –
The one to whom I sworn.
Traitor, yet my friend
Where have you gone?
Deceiving the land, where you were born!

Sitting here tonight,
I feel so low,
For, apart from the heavens, I’ve nowhere to go,
I flew from the arena
My people know
This shameful face of mine, I cannot show.

My sword, my friend
I plea to thee –
Cut off my head and set me free,
For, I have no choice
But to flee –
Tomorrow’s sunrise, I want not to see.

But stop. What is that bug on the wall?
Striving to climb up, yet so small,
Hurling a web and trying to mount
But each time it would surely fall.


No, wait! It is climbing now
Showing me the way exactly how
What a thought, that has crept in my mind!
“O Spider, my teacher, let me take a bow.”

Now I know! No need to fake it.
The world to you is the way you take it.
One thing that I have learnt for my life –
If you try, you will surely make it.
(250 Words)

10 comments:

  1. Well mates, first of all, sorry for being late!

    This piece is an incident taken from the History. Many of us would know the same. The same story in new words. This is by far the best story that inspires me so much - everytime, when I am low - I know what to do ... stick to it and never give up.

    Hope you mates like the presentation ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I know! No need to fake it.
    The world to you is the way you take it.
    One thing that I have learnt for my life –
    If you try, you will surely make it.


    i was totally awestruck with the way you have presented the story.. the story has inspired all of us but reading it in this form was pure delight.. :) kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I know! No need to fake it.
    The world to you is the way you take it.
    One thing that I have learnt for my life –
    If you try, you will surely make it.


    If i had a way, i will teach kids this poem rather than the same old story !! its too good TAN !! you rock dude :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WoW... A modern ballad i did say for this age...why story ..when there is this poem by Tan i did say...good one.."If you try, you will surely make it."... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Remind to hit you when I meet you! For some1 who was complaining about not being able to write anything. This is beyond brilliant!

    I have nothing to tell you except

    * bows *

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thoroughly second ur opinion Tan. The best story that inspires people. :)
    An excellent write. You have done justice to the original story.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Kajal (TPO)

    My attempt was only to present the same story in a way I could, in 250 words. We all know the story all right - King Bruce and the Spider. I'm too happy that you liked it, Kan.

    @ Pratibha (Pretty Me!!)

    That was indeed a wonderful comment! A great gesture? You will teach your Kids this Poem?? WOW!!Thanks ...

    @ Kings

    Thanks for the words mate ... it is all known - just that I reitterated the story! I am getting all great comments here - and such encouragement that I have never got - truly!

    @ Rashi (RV)

    English has always been my strong point - specially when I merged chandragupta and Shivaju in the same answer and got 8 out of 10!! lol - that was in school - ages ago. Now, when I am in the Lounge with the people who write that great here, I'm convinced I have miles to go!!

    Hehehe ... Thanks


    @ Nan

    Thanks for your comments. I have learnt a lot from this story - which was probably told by my parents or a teacher in school - a Guru! I thought of painting it with my colors. Thanks again for the encouragement!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Kings and Nan

    As you are new here, I would like to invite you guys to my blogs. Please visit the following blogs and let me know if you like my wirtings:

    Thus Wrote Tan!

    Thus Spake Tan!

    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. tan, r u sure u dont write on anythin other than love? :D

    this was beyond sensational! a winner maybe...! loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my God... I was thinking of writing my poem on this! But I am glad I did not, I would not have been able to justify it as well as you did :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are sexy.