March 19, 2009

The Magic Candle

## Continued from here: The Magic Unfolds

** Similar posts: The Dilemma, The Fog
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh my God! Who turned off the lights Golu? Shit. No current!! We are engulfed in darkness.

Seems it is going to rain today Kajal. Look at the strong winds rattle the windows. Let me just shut them close.

Don’t you even dare to move Sandeep! Please Golu. Just keep sitting besides me. Don’t move an inch.

Arre! Why Bhondu? Oops. I forgot. My Bhonduraam is scared of the dark. I am here daa. Right besides you. What is there to fear? Don’t you feel safe besides me?

I do Golu. Very safe. Just that it’s a little unnerving. I have been scared of dark all my life.

*Sounds of lightening striking. Kajal let out a shriek and tightened her grip on Sandeep’s arms*

Ouch! He he…Bhondu…Why do you girls grow your nails so much?

Ohhh…isn’t it cool? Idiot…dare you say anything about them……huh

My darling Bhonds! I like you the way you are. I love you daa. Not for your coolness. Not for your fashion quotient. But for your simplicity. For you being “you”. And you look ravishing in traditional. I couldn’t take my eyes off you at Neha didi’s wedding last week. You looked like an angel daa. An angel from heaven. An angel who has been addressed to me from the courier company up there in heaven. Till last night I had been thinking that there has been some mistake in the address that the guys up there in heaven had programmed you with. How else could I explain a good for nothing morsel like me besides an angel like you?

Never ever say anything like that. You are my best man. I have seen your soul. It is pure and divine. That’s all that matters for me. And about everything else...they do not even make it to my list!

Come closer bhondu. Let me give you a tight hug…….Wow….A free kiss with that hug from the great Bhondu Singh! Yey!! What an offer! He he….I can only say one thing bhondu…I feel blessed.

Maharani prasanna huvi. Hey Golu, tell me one thing. Are you afraid of the dark?

Yes. I am. All of us have this fear of dark. And you fear it too. I know that. And these nail marks on my arm will make sure that I remember that for some days atleast.

Shut up! Why is that Golu? Why have I always been afraid of the dark?

Dr. Brian Weiss says that the fears of our present lives are a result of our past lives. So if you had drowned to death in one of your previous births, there will always be that phobia dear. Same holds true for all other fears as well. Lemme think. Hmmmm…You might have died in a dark cellar in the 17th century sweetheart. You were a brave soldier back then Bhondu. A cute little soldier. The cutest among all male soldiers. He he…

Ewwww…I will slap you Golu. I am shit scared sitting in the dark here. The only respite is that I have you besides. And you are scaring the living daylights out of me with all these spooky tales about re-birth and phobia’s. I don’t want this scientific explanation to my phobia. I want one of my Golu special explanations. Demystifying complex things for his Bhondu.

He he…you will turn me into a philosopher for sure! And people will call me as Baba SandeepDev!! He he…hmmm…let’s see. Why are you afraid of the dark? Hmmm…simple! Bhondu….do things which are unknown to you instill fear in you?

Yes. I am a coward! No?

Right. We all are afraid of the dark. We all are afraid of the “unknown”. Dark stands for all things “unknown”. Why do elephants always move around in herds while shifting their base? Fear of the “unknown”. Why do hunters like lions and tigers have their territories and seldom go beyond that? Fear of the “unknown”. Why does a small kid panic when he gets lost in a fair? Fear of the “unknown”. Why do small babies start crying at the sight of strangers in the house? Fear of the “unknown”. There is not a single living person out there who does not fear the unknown. This is also a kind of fear of the dark Bhondu. Fear of what future holds for you. Fear of whether you will ever find true love. Fear of whether you have made the right decision or not. Fear of performing well. All these are nothing but fear of the dark. Fear of the “unknown”. That’s precisely the reason why ghosts give us goosebumps. Because there this “unknown” entity gets a face, which makes it even scarier. The key is never to get bogged down. Elephants fear the unknown. They move around in herds and annihilate that fear. The king of the jungle is afraid of the unknown. He stays in his own territory to annihilate this fear. That does not stop him from being the king in his own territory. We all fear what future holds for us. We try to annihilate that fear by working harder towards our goals. Stop thinking that you are a coward because you fear dark. Everyone here is. Just that this “darkness” takes different forms for different people.

Tell me how to annihilate this fear Golu?

Abra ka dabra. There. I have lighted the candle. See. The darkness has vanished.

I think I don’t need that candle. I have found my candle. Finally.

You have. Wow. You carry a candle in your handbag. He he. Bhonduraam. Where is the candle?

My candle is sitting right besides me. My magic candle. Made from the finest wax which they call "true love" imported from neverland. A candle which never melts. Abra ka dabra

16 comments:

  1. wow @ true love candle :D

    lol An angel from heaven. An angel who has been addressed to me from the courier company up there in heaven

    wow :I can only say one thing bhondu…I feel blessed.

    ahaaa @ I don’t want this scientific explanation to my phobia. I want one of my Golu special explanations. Demystifying complex things for his Bhondu.

    i was only lately talking about fears to a friend, fear of uncertain future and of being robed of dreams, of the past and of the unknown!



    yeta nother strong post :)
    Baba Sandeep dev guru ji hazrat :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. @islex

    ha ha ha ha ha...islex..you n your comments...that last line is so you..he he....wow..the great founder of WL liked it!! OMG!!

    *faints*

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Family

    I call this BF'S...he he...Before Flight Syndrome...Something Kajal aka bhondu started off by making me write "The Fog" before boarding my flight one fine night...which was the start of Golu n Bhondu saga...something i did again for "The dilemma"...Yet again while co-writing "Magic Unfolds" with Kajal...n now this one before catching my flight to delhi due in the next couple of hours...have not done the proof reading and directly typed this one here in the post box...so plz bear with typos n errors...

    Nan...Fear of dark...Abra ka dabra...Swoosh!! Kept my promise...Adios!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @All

    After hoisting the WL flag at bhubaneshwar two weeks back..I unfurled it in Raipur, Chattisgarh today...saare salute karo...bolo jai WL! Tomm please join me in the WL flag hoisting ceremony at delhi...apna bus yehi sapna hain, har gali main WL ka jhanda lehrana hain...he he...Hail WL! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, its a cool post.... I read a previous one on Golu and Bhondu , which was a love story, a sad love story.....

    And this one's nice too. Do you write on 'Golu-Bhondu' love stories only..... I mean , am just asking, so new to WL actually.

    And wow! You didn't even do any proof reading, yet its so much flawless !!

    (((((( APPLAUDES ))))))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, its a cool post.... I read a previous one on Golu and Bhondu , which was a love story, a sad love story.....

    And this one's nice too. Do you write on 'Golu-Bhondu' love stories only..... I mean , am just asking, so new to WL actually.

    And wow! You didn't even do any proof reading, yet its so much flawless !!

    (((((( APPLAUDES ))))))

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice one sandeep! cute lil series we hav here with everyone contributing their takes on it! wonderful! :)
    And Here's to the WL Flag!
    *Salute*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanx a bunch Sandeep cheta :)
    Thanx for posting this and enlightening me *Hugs*
    Now I know what I am exactly afraid of.
    It is not the darkness outside but the darkness inside me isn't it?
    I have already started searching for the candle.
    Hope I find one before it is too late :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sandeep aka Golu, it is a beautiful morning and why not ? it started reading about my magical candle . MUAHHHHH!!
    It was so damn good! suddenly i feel so brave :) what pleasant surprise... and if this is your BFs then i hope you travel a lot and both of us keep peeping into the hearts of Golu and bhondu :P loved it to the core.

    @Ilashree: welcome aboard. Let me introduce you to Sandeep. He is one of the founders of WL , your very own Writers' Lounge. He is cursed with the fact that whatever he writes turns out to be a masterpiece. He is a perfectionist but he mostly expects perfection from himself and as far as the writers' around him are concerned - we- he is our ideal :) rest is for you to find out. Want to read any more writes of his then go to his blog or search for his writes under the label 'Sandeep Balan' - i am so sure you will be awestruck seeing the range of his creativity :)

    P.S. I am bribed by Golu for saying all this :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another strong post cheta..!! :)

    I enjoyed reading ur thoughts.... U sure get ppl thinking.. :)

    Cheers..!!
    Arjun

    ReplyDelete
  11. .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    i thought hard for words... but finally left my feelings unsaid as of now... may we all find our "magic candle" :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. jai WL!

    the golu-bhonds saga continues,jokes apart, sands nice philo write, good as it gets.

    A candle which never melts.

    ***Hardly any words****

    lapped it all :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. @ Sandy

    "Neha didi's wedding..."
    Sweet revenge, eh?

    I thought you were sick of this genre now. If this is what you churn out when you are sick of a genre.. then man oh man, I have no words!

    Game for exploring the horror genre? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. @ neha i thought of the same Neha :D actually read that line twice to confirm lol !!

    ReplyDelete
  15. :):):) All smiles!

    By the way Sandeep, are you a Pilot by any chance :P You seem to travel a lot :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. @All

    thanks a ton for such wonderful comments...each one was special...

    @Ilashree

    Dont beleive a word of what Kajal aka Pink Orchid says about me...she is just being good to me..he he...

    @ashrita

    he he..my whole life is on an auto pilot yaar...nopes...not a pilot...marketing...Idea Cellular...What an Idea! ;P

    ReplyDelete

Comments are sexy.