Inspiration by the light of day,
Inspiration to make me pray.
Inspiration in my willingness to give,
Inspiration to move on and live!
Inspiration to tell my story,
Inspiration because there is no glory.
Inspiration comes from deep within,
Inspiration from sorrow and sin.
Inspiration makes this real,
Inspiration is how i feel.
Inspiration can come from rain,
Inspiration takes my pain.
Inspiration in the mundane-most thing is what creates art. Its what keeps the world going and it what motivates us to live each day.
So here is the much awaited poetry contest dedicated to just that "INSPIRATION"
1. The central theme of the poem is "INSPIRATION" and the poems should be in English.
2. The poem should be between 75 to 250 words.
3. The poem should be your original composition and should have a title.
4. The word count should be mentioned at the end of the post.
5. The post should be accompanied with a picture.
Term and conditions:
1. This contest is valid for the members of this community. In case you are not a member and want to become a member, drop your email id in the shout box. One of the administrations will invite you.
2. Last date for submission is 4th Feb.
3. Members can post multiple entries on the theme but will mail the one to be considered for the contest at email@example.com. Kindly attach a word document in the mail with the word count. Kindly also tag the entries with "Inspiration Poetry Contest".
4. The results will be announced on 14th February, 2009.
5. The prizes given will be the 1st prize winner, 1st runner up and the 2nd runner up. There will also be a readers' choice award given. Details of this will be announced once the contests closes on 4th Feb.
The Lounge closes from now until 4th February,09 and posts not related to the contest will be deleted. So kindly refrain from such posts.
Looking forward to a great contest. :)
The Writers' Lounge Admin.