January 2, 2010

New Year and beyond...

Hello all! This is my first post at the Writers Lounge and I do hope that a bond of long term friendship will be established. Do not hesitate to guide me with your comments. They acts as a booster to me and inspires me to write more and more... if not one another more!
Happy New Year 2010. Sweet little moments of joy are here again. Although for the Indians, it is always a festive season starting Durga Puja and Id. Festivals are a part of any culture and as I have mentioned in my blog's posts also, we the Indians are best at grabbing any opportunity where the word 'PARTY' involves.


With every passing year, where I and my life is heading I don't know. I still remember, it was year 1997 that we welcomed the new year sitting alongside a fire that we lit inside the cycle-shed of our school. Same practice of 'waiting night' followed till year 2000. Electrification from the backyard of our kitchen, some meat and rice and lots of chaos while arranging the same... Later on the music over-powered our souring throats...!

The new millennium brought me to a different place, amongst a new bunch of friends. Here too, the practice remained the same... but the cycle-shed changed into classrooms! and the year rolled on...

To mix it up with the waiting night, slowly the venue went a far - a picnic trip organized. On the banks of river Dihing, Lohit and on the beds of the beautiful scenery of Parasuram Kund... Meat and music blend together the meal and the masti (fun) part of it...

Last two years or so, the waiting night vanished all together... Now only, I wait for the television programs to get over to the new year... From Doordarshan to Star Plus; zapped at all... the throat wants to get soared... how and where I don't know... Its nothing else now... just another NEW YEAR...



2 comments:

  1. a fun read...but with near and dear ones around you, everyday is a new year:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks... yes definitly festivals are just an excuse to celebrate "more"... all one needs is the family together... rest it will be festive season always....

    ReplyDelete

Comments are sexy.