February 7, 2009

Timeless!!!!

I wonder how I would feel,
If I had the ability to regenerate,
Be perpetually existent,
From the dawn of the human age!!!

I would not grow old,
Tired and weary,
My body healing itself,
Against deterioration and injury!!!

I would behold the virgin landscape,
Untouched and strikingly raw,
Would gaze at the vast oceans,
Mind boggled with awe!!!

I would perceive the birth of fire,
From the casual rub of wood,
Would learn to mould nature’s elements,
For one’s own good!!!

I would transcend through ages,
Evolving as time elapsed,
Would witness human progress,
Through Stone, Iron and Bronze!!!

I would witness events,
That would later become history,
Would see facts being twisted,
At man’s whim and fancy!!!

I would dispel ambiguity,
Between myth and fact,
Would gain immense experience,
Picking up useful tricks and tact!!!

I would acquaint myself with figures,
Both Historic and Mythical,
Witness battles and crusades,
Fuelled by greed or survival!!!

I would see the world changing,
From open expanses to a dense concrete bay,
Would notice the human nature becoming,
Cold and narcissistic with each day!!!

But someday I would surely feel,
This precious gift to be a curse,
Letting go of my loved ones,
For they do not share my luck!!!

I would become emotionally numb,
A loner to be precise,
Would use my experience of ages,
And knowledge to try and save the human kind!!!

7 comments:

  1. OOhhh... I like... I read the first 2 lines and scrolled down to see if my suspicions of the writer being of were true and they were they were...


    I had so many striking thoughts while I read this.. First was Edward Cullen *droool* For those who don't know he is a vampire of the hit book series by Stephanie Meyer. He is immortal who falls in love with a mortal and BAH BAH and conflict to make her immortal and go through pain of living forever.


    I think the wish of immortality is the biggest of human kind. We want to live forever without realizing that the best things come in small packets. You have correctly outlined the deterioration that takes place and will keep taking place. The sight isnt pleasant.

    The third thought that came into mind is a concept called Collective consciousness which talks that our minds have actually witnessed it all. We all do have a common history and we all do remember it. Its a fascinating thing given by Jung. Read it up si tu veux..


    Now I think the gyaan in the comment was longer than the powerful impact of the poem..Sorry :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the wish of immortality is the biggest mistake of human kind

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! it'll take ages 4 me to actally understand all dat nd reply! bt thx! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. eons of living............ :)

    " would become emotionally numb,
    A loner to be precise,
    Would use my experience of ages,
    And knowledge to try and save the human kind!!! "

    That was really touching and heartfelt feeling i have ever come across.It may be a few words and a good poem but ultimately the philosophy why you wrote this poem is really wonderfull.

    And i second R.V on her comments too..

    gr8 work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Kings! appreciate the comments! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mav i'd read this poem I wonder why i didn't comment.. this one of yours left in thoughts Mav...lovely poem.. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are sexy.