January 11, 2009

When I look at the rain...-IV



[Read first , second and third part before you proceed to understand better]

I am sitting alone at a table for two atBarista, deserted in the morning hours, with what looks like a deluge outside. But I know he'll be here...

I had ended up calling him yesterday evening... dialled his number even before I knew what I was going to say...

Me: Hello! 

Him: Hey!

Me: So, you're back... 
['Course he is, you know that!]

Him: Yeah, just got back yesterday. A little tired with the journey... so have just been sleeping. I was just planning to catch up with you all...

Me: Oh, never mind, I caught you first...
[Pathetic, gal!!!]

Him: Hehe... So what are you up to?

Me: [I am lost in your thoughts...] Nothing much... just the same old routine! Same people, same work, same place... How 'bout you? Whatcha your plans?

Him: Nothing really... Hey! Have you heard from the others? How about catching up with each other tomorrow? You're free?

He said it... He said it...
My dil goes hmmm... hmmm... hmmm....

Me: [Entire life for you...] Erm... I don't really have anything to do tomorrow...

Him: Great! How about we meet tomorrow in the morning? Barista?

Me: Sure! 

Him: See you tomorrow then... Say 11?

Me: Yeah, 11 is perfect with me...

Him: K... see you then..

Me: See you!!!

Him: Bye...

Me: Bbye...

Him: Good Night...

Me: Good Night!

Him: Bye!

Me: Bye!

So I'm still here, waiting for him... 

What if he doesn't come? You didn't even bring your own car!!!

Well, there wasn't any point getting it... atleast there seemed to be none then! Mom needed it so I simply told her to drop me off here to meet some college friends...

I've started feeling a little sleepy now...

Damn men! Why can't they be on time?

I suddenly turned on hearing my name... He's standing there, hair all wet... yet looking dashing as ever! Being out hasn't changed his looks one bit... 

I immediately ordered two cups of coffee, and am trying to display mock anger at him now, but he's already sensed my anger, and he's trying to tickle my funny bone to make me smile... That's always been one of his best qualities... the smile on that cute, innocent face he makes just takes away my breath... and diffuses all anger completely...

I haven't heard a word of what he's been saying... so I try to look to steer the conversation to safer pastures... and then he sneezed, GOD he's got one of the most massive sneezes I've everseen and heard! 

'So that's your first gift after coming back? A cold?' I tried to tease him... 

He just smiled and said, 'No, that's the second... I got the first yesterday! A small cut on my finger from a knife which apparently doesn't like me... It's told me to stay away from the potatoes in future.'

There he is, back in his form with his whacky sense of humor!

And here's the coffee, with it's sweet aroma... which mixes with his aura, so confident and yet, so gentle...

I'm going to just love having him around... 

We stayed together till 4, [The Barista guy must've been really happy...] and then he dropped me home. We parted with a promise to meet two days later... after he'd visited his Nana's place and come back...

I'm convinced I still love him...

I don't know what he thinks though... yet...

I'm looking forward to seeing him day after tomorrow... and find out...

8 comments:

  1. brought a warm feeling to my heart.. i sighed so many times.. :)
    great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is something about coffee, I must admit. Or maybe its the memories made with the person there, I dont know. But I'm waiting to know what happens next. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. series is going good! waiting for the next part! :)

    first time i am reading... read the others too...! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @pink orchid
    Thank you... I am honored... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Rashi V
    I agree... there's something about the coffee...

    Will be posting soon... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Leo
    Thank you... :)

    Glad to have another reader!
    Next and most probably the last will be up soon... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i am off to read the previous ones....wonderful series! Really mushy..

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Aparna
    Thank you... [fluttering eyes...] :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are sexy.