August 9, 2008

That Feeling of Contentment

Do You all remember the time when your Uncle or your Aunt or anybody else asking you when you were may be 6 or 7 Years old….”Son, What do you want to be when you grow up”?? Some of you must have answered a doctor, a police officer, a model, an actor and some may have even answered something like an astronaut or a scientist!! And for those of you reading this who went on to become what you had told once, Kudos to you and then this post is not meant for you

But most of us, atleast the ones I know, end up becoming something else. I personally remember not answering anything to my uncle when he had asked me once, as I seriously hadn’t given it a thought. I am into my final year of engineering now and I still don’t know if this is the right thing for me. The only thing I really enjoy doing is Writing or Blogging! But sadly that ain’t a profession though one can make money out of it. Let me ask you guys a simple question,” How many of you are “REALLY ENJOYING” your own professional lives??” I remember a few days back I had asked one bhaiyya who lives in my society 3-4 years older than me whether he was “happy” of what he was doing in his professional life and if I will be, when I enter his world i.e. The I.T industry and he said, Look Kid, Nobody is really “Happy”. You enter once and then you will realize what I mean…

But I still ask “WHY”?? Why can’t we find a way to be happy? A right to be happy? Why is nobody “really happy”? And if that’s the case, then why aren’t people moving on with their lives? Haven’t they read “The Alchemist” where a Shepard moves on with his life in order to do what he always wanted to which eventually gave him “Happiness” which he always craved for!! But sadly the World around us ain’t really an Alchemist, is it :(

5 comments:

  1. " doing wat u like is freedom... liking watever u do is happiness!!"

    yeah maybe we all end up being what we don't want to be... but it isn't realy difficult to be happy if we really try hard... life gives us a reason to smile every second.. so just grab those happy moments and you'll be content with life... life is an assortment of good and bad, of happy and sad.. you'll always get what you choose!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, am still a school student and I have my goals set...

    Those who aren't happy with what they have did not probably have the passion for it..Like I had always wanted to be an IAS or PCS officer and I have been dreaming about it since I was in class five...So if I make it there..I'll be the happiest person...and if I don't, then I wouldn't be "unhappy" over my 9 to 5 job..cz at the end of it all..thats what you really have...Its true that the world is not An Alchemist...but you can be the Shepard...only if you want to be one..Why hold back your aspirations?? Let them fly...And one day you'll be the happiest..

    i read it somewhere.."The times when we are sad...its ourselves that we're sad because of!!" So life comes in full circle..Accept it or Ignore it..You cannot reject it.. Can you??
    Cheer up!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. “WHY”?? Why can’t we find a way to be happy? A right to be happy? Why is nobody “really happy”? And if that’s the case, then why aren’t people moving on with their lives?


    well answer to that is.. our goals and ambition keeps changing all the time.. when u r sure u have acheived it.. or know that u r nearly there.. u end up trying to get a new goal.. and then trying to think how to make that work and worry and vent about it.. till it works out..

    very few ppl actually have the happiness or contenment of having fulfilled one's ambition or goal.. man always wants to do something more.. and aim for more..
    and sometimes because of that happiness eludes them..

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohh well Guess everyone of you is Right ....Guess I hv to "Cheer up".... ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey dropped by 4m ur blog anurag, and w/e I have 2 say is learnt 4m one of my blog-posts.

    happiness is in ur thoughts and not in events or situations. And it is so hyped that we always keep running behind getting the happiness and then more happiness and in the process forget to live wht v attained.

    I am happy in my course, coz I want to be. Yea sometimes I hope I had more time 2 ve fun, but then its all in the choices we make.

    Hope u found ur answer.
    PLUS it is easy to preach n not-so-easy to practice. So, depends.
    :-P

    ReplyDelete

Comments are sexy.