May 23, 2009

The Decision

Best friends from high school to now... Me and Cecil...
We shared, we laughed, we fought, we copied, we lied, we were great friends...

And now he loved...Eva... the love was mutual...
The problem.... I've grown a huge crush on her...
I can't act normal around them nowadays. I space out , I act awkwardly , i make lame jokes....
So i decided a simple solution...Run and Hide... I kept my distance from them...

And he noticed... ofcourse he would...

Cecil "How have you been nowadays ?? haven't seen you in a while da..."
Me "I'm pretty good...been busy with seminars da..I f@#king hate seminars..."
Cecil "Hmmm...yeah I know...So, why are you avoiding me ?? "

Its very... Cecil...always on the money...direct to the point...

Me "what...?? no...." I lied...
Cecil "We've been friends for what?? 7 years now... I can tell da....you've been staying away.. and frankly i'm worried...."
Me "Nothing like that da...just been busy and lazy...will come to your place by tonight.. "
Cecil "Don't try to act normal...Does this have something to do with Eva ?? "

Oops.... he knows ??
I was speechless...
ewwww...Pause.... Awkward silence...
He was the first to speak....

Cecil "You don't like her ?? "
I was still silent...
Cecil "She is a great girl da... I've never felt this way with any other girl... You'll grow to like her..."

Yeah...thats been the problem... I 'like' her a little too much...

Cecil "Come around the block by evening da... street guys are having a cricket match... Don't worry... she won't be there... we'll eat somewhere out... "

I just made an uneasy smile guaranteeing my presence there...

I reached home and exercised my thoughts... Me and Cecil... Had a lotta great moments together...

And now our friendship seems to be at the edge... cause I'm being all 'lovey-dovey' over his girl and can't get over it... But this thing , whatever it is...is rocking our friendship....
Giving up my love (or whatever it is) is certainly gonna hurt me... but Cecil will always be there to help me through... But losing him... will ... I dunno... I didn't even want think about it... I will irrevocably lose a huge part of me which i've cherished for a long time...

I've made my decision...


P.S - Been writing only dark content lately.... So just a simple post on Friendship in a lighter mood...Hope its good... :-)


Ciao,

8 comments:

  1. @R
    he he...i chose friendship...Duh..it was the theme... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow.. beautiful, and haunting desicion, innit?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @sunshine
    Haunting decision it is...always...

    ReplyDelete
  4. definitely not light :) but a lotsa bright :) !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. personal experiance rt???/
    Who is tat cecil???

    ReplyDelete
  6. @pretty
    hmmm....i thought it was light...i meant it to be... he he..

    @kumar
    not a personal experience bro...
    jus outta my mind...

    ReplyDelete
  7. @kumar
    not a personal experience bro...
    jus outta my mind...

    ReplyDelete

Comments are sexy.