June 3, 2009

Battle for Survival

He set out to do, his daily task
With an axe in hand, he approached
“No! Wait!” She screamed violently
The man stopped, a bit amazed

For he hadn’t been stopped since
Did he hear that out correctly?
“Don’t do this to me! I want to live, she said
For I do not want to be pronounced dead”

The woodcutter now stood still, scratching his head
For he had done the same yesterday, no one had bothered
Here was this small little tree, stopping his daily routine
Let me have a conversation with it, he thought

“So what do I do, he asked the tree in return
I have got a deadline set, to finish all you off
If I don’t, then what about my own livelihood, he asked
I would be sacked, and left in the cold.”



“You yourself depend on us for fresh air, the tree retorted
We give you so much greenery and resources
Are you and your masters blinded by money?
Are Houses and properties the only damn thing?”

“Look around you missy, there are people all around
Where will they stay and survive in this small world?
Aren’t you being inhuman in all of this, he questioned
Now will you let me do my job please?”

Is this increasing population my fault?
Is this global warming my fault?
Don’t I have my own Rights?
I lost my own mother yesterday to one of you
But please, atleast let me survive, it pleaded

“I myself have four children, the woodcutter retorted
Two have already died as I couldn’t afford their expenses
I have to now take care of the other two left
But here you are, delaying my work.”

And so the tree, may be wanting to get to her mother in heaven or may be wanting the wood cutter to make his own livelihood better sacrificed it’s own freedom and let herself be shred to pieces and allow those houses be built in it’s place

This thing still continues and is now on the upswing

Stop Deforestation …Stop Global Warming!

4 comments:

  1. A very important and wonderful message sent across in a Creative way..
    Kudos..

    ReplyDelete
  2. And so the tree, may be wanting to get to her mother in heaven or may be wanting the wood cutter to make his own livelihood better sacrificed it’s own freedom and let herself be shred to pieces


    very sad!! but nicely said .. liked the style !

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Chaarz and Pretty me

    Thank you both ..I guess the others didn't like it though :P

    It was just a vague attempt at writing about global warming really ....had been to a hill station recently and seeing the houses built right in the middle of nature gave me this idea....

    Just wanted to put out a meassge of saving the Nature....
    Thanxs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Personally i love to read sch pieces of art which are either extermely differnt or are sending across sm social meaning..
    SO i loved ths one too..
    Global warming is indeed a very serious problem these days..

    ReplyDelete

Comments are sexy.