February 15, 2009

Lost in your Thoughts . . .

Lost in your thoughts, I roam, insanely
In search of your sights, that looks unlikely
Looms ahead of me a future that is just as dark
Just as dark as my past, as lonely and stark

Doomed for all eternity, to miss your caress,
Fooled by my fate, into a life of distress
Tried and tested by a jury of ill luck
I gave up my stance, turned into a sitting duck


How is it that you came to be with me?
Was it destiny, or purely a mystery?
Why were you by my side at all?
Was it for me? Coz I was afraid to fall?

Did you come just to leave me later?
See how I’d wither? Become a hater?
Are you like one of those winds of fate?
With me for a while, and a little too late?

P.S.: Advanced Happy Republic Day To Y'All!!

7 comments:

  1. Did you come just to leave me later?
    See how I’d wither? Become a hater?
    Are you like one of those winds of fate?
    With me for a while, and a little too late?

    pain, withdrawal, suffering..!!

    lovely poem....

    my question - why is beautiful poetry born out of pain?????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kajal! I was about to post the same, I have seen a streak of pain in so many poems here! Most of the members infact...

    And hey, nice poem :)

    Belated happy Republic day to you too :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. touching...lovely poem!!
    ya kajal...pain gives rise to poetry in case of lovers!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, all.
    Forgive the republic day quirk.
    This post was made long back and scheduled.
    :)
    Yes. Pain, is a very gr8 motivation to many poets. Me included.
    Thanks all, for liking it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i read this poem in ur blog too i guess .. nevertheless is a good one!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Doomed for all eternity, to miss your caress,
    Fooled by my fate, into a life of distress
    Tried and tested by a jury of ill luck
    I gave up my stance, turned into a sitting duck


    Loved these lines ... for the way its been written..

    Nice one bro.. :)

    Cheers..!!
    Arjun

    ReplyDelete

Comments are sexy.