October 10, 2008

A Love Story Written By God Part 2

On September 2nd, I reached Canada. As I settled in, I messaged her again on the 7th and this time I knew that she would reply. And then I would find her online sometimes and we would chat about general stuff. I was happy that I got to do at least that much. I had no idea how I would tell her that I love her. She probably was seeing someone already. I knew everything about the ‘public’ her but knew nothing how she actually was as a person. I would spend hours browsing through her photo albums imagining myself with her. Sometimes I had complete conviction because of my ‘faith’ that the events this far were not in vain and that Jesus really had planned something for me and her. But then the very next moment, my ‘logic’ would take over and I would think that all this were mere coincidences. I guess that was probably my biggest test of faith ever. The very thought that I had come this far kept me going and I prayed at every step of the way for guidance. Everything I was asking for was being answered.

On 30th September, she came on Facebook and asked me if I had an msn id. I didn’t and so I made one. I added her on messenger and I like to believe that those were the moments when Jesus was sending huge bursts of blessings upon me because everything that happened after that cannot be explained by logic or cannot be ignored as being just coincidences. It had to be God working.

On October 1st, we had our first proper chat. She talked about her work and about God. That night as I slept, I felt like being in the top ten people blessed by God, right up there with Abraham or Paul. About twelve hours later, she came online again. And from that moment, God took hold of the steering wheel. I wish I could just copy paste the whole conversation here but I won’t because of privacy issues. Anyway, in between our previous chat and this one, something had happened with me and I was upset about it. She asked me what the matter was and I told her. And then she said things to me that I had always wanted to hear from my girl. She said that God loves me and if things didn’t work out, that means He has better plans for me. She said she would pray that the feeling goes away. And I loved her for it. I thanked her and she said that I didn’t need to thank her because this is what friends are for. It was then that I told her how I had prayed for all this and I could see it coming true. I didn’t tell her the love part, just that I had a crush on her. And she would say, ‘so cute!’ and I would blush every time. And then she told me something that I couldn’t believe. She said,

“cn i tell u smethng honestly. I was kinda prayin for God to make me meet a normal Christian frnd! you knw cuz till tday iv had alot of frnz in the Christian circle but they were all fake. on the face they all knw the bible in n out n acted like the mst holiest of em all but their truth is knwn only to a few n it used to b so discouragin tht i actually kept away frm makin frnz in this circle...bt inside i always wntd smeone who was a normal youngster but with Jesus morals n u pretty much seem like an answer to my prayer too”

This was the first thing that matched that we both had prayed for each other; of course she didn’t know at that time that it would be me. We then decided that I would meet her when I came to India in May 2009. Then she went for about half an hour to have dinner. Meanwhile, I found out something else about the thing that I was upset about earlier, and although this new information was upsetting too, it didn’t bother me at all. She came back and I told her about it. And she said that her prayers had already started working and she got really happy. We then talked a bit about God and about her family. I told her a bit about Sungeeta di and it was late so she went off to sleep. We had chatted for almost 3 hours and those were the best 3 hours of my life.

The next day she came online again. We were talking and she told me about how she had a bad break up a few months back. This was the second thing that matched. She had been with him almost the same amount of time I had been with my ex. Outside, I was calm but inside I was screaming at the top of my voice, "She's single!" Yipee!!". I asked her if she believed that God had chosen someone special for us. She said that it was the only thing that has kept her hopes up till now. We talked about other stuff. Both of us were born in July just four days apart but I was a year older. Since I loved to write and I could see how similar we were, I asked her if she liked to write. She was a singer; there was a possibility that she was a songwriter too. She said she did and sent me a song she had written. It was beautiful. Then I sent her a poem I had written and she loved it. Her reaction was a wow with about a hundred ‘o’s in between. :)

S: woooooow!!!!!! adi!!!! tht is tooooo good! will u write songs fo me??

Me: really???

S: yea plz!

Me: i wud looove to!!

S: gud so pakka!!!! i wanna sing ur wrds!

Me: wowowowow!!! pakka!!! ur not just sayin dat na? u really mean it?

S: yess!

Me: Wow!! i wud love to!!!

I jumped up in my chair and did a little jig not because I was writing lyrics for her album but because she said that she wanted to sing my words. Put yourself in my shoes and imagine what I would have been feeling at that time. She asked me if I had heard her new song, “Shukar karo” which she has sung with her mum. I had not and she sent it to me. Now her mother and her voice are very similar. She challenged me to differentiate between the two. I told her that I could recognize her voice from among a hundred voices and I really did. “You’re so sweet”, she said. I said it was because I ate a lot of sweets.

S: hehehe!!!! wer hve u learnt to b so sweet

Me: i eat a lot of sweets

S: hehe so do i!

Me: so ur sweet too!

S: no but seriously how bad a fan are u of sweets?

Me: i can survive on just sweets for my whole life.

S: nice!!!! finally someone who thnks like me!

Me: u2? i thought only i was that crazy.

S: biiiiiiiiiig time

This was one more match. I told her that when we finally meet, I would treat her to all the sweet things that she can eat. And we talked about other things. We played a rapid fire game and I asked her some of her favorite things and all of them matched with mine. Here are some of them.

We both are for love marriage. Her favorite color is black and mine are black and red. She didn’t watch Bollywood movies if she could help it and neither did I. Her favorite place is Heaven and favorite person is Jesus. I would have given the same answers! Her favorite music is gospel and hip-hop and mine is gospel. Our favorite chocolate is Cadbury’s dairy milk. We both love sleeping but I guess many people have that on their list. But taken together with everything else, it does seem weird. We both prefer tea over coffee. Both of us met our respective exes in January 2007. Both of us believe it is more blessed to love than to be loved. Both of our greatest fear is losing Christ. Both of us believed that if we could go back in time and fall in love, it wouldn’t be with the same person. Of course, she was the one giving her answers and I didn’t tell her that all of them matched with mine. I just knew at that moment that she definitely was the one.

The next afternoon, she was online again. She told me that she met a guy at an event and it clicked and they were talking but she was still confused. Suddenly I had this weird feeling as if someone was squeezing my heart. In my mind I was praying, “No Jesus. Don’t do this. Not now! Not after coming this far!” I wanted her not to like that guy but at the same time I wanted her to be happy. I told her to be careful because the guy was not a believer and I told her how things got messy between me and my ex because of this reason and how I ended up doing some things that I regret now. She said she would be careful and I gave a sigh of relief. And then, something happened that made a connection between us even though we were thousands of miles apart. Remember I was upset about something earlier and she had consoled me?Amazingly, the exact same thing happened with her and she was really upset. I couldn't see her from where I was but judging by what she was saying, I could sense she had tears in her eyes. It was my turn to tell her that she deserved much better, even the best. I felt this excruciating pain in my heart seeing her sad. But thankfully, I am good at consoling and she finally did feel better. The way that we had consoled each other was a sign from above.

S: is it tht hard to find da ryt one?? is it wrng tht i want love??

Me: its hard yes..bcoz often times we make the judgement that this is the one for me...which is not correct...we have to let God chooose. it is not wrong dat u want love...everybody does.bt u want love frm the right person n for the right reasons

S: hw will we knw its his choice?? hw will we knw theyr right?
Me: u'll just knw...God will tell u in some way or the other...someday if we have enuf time ill tell u 2 testimonies of how God told someone who thier husband/wife wud be...so u have to wait...i am waiting.i kwn its hard..bt Jesus wants u to wait...

S: i knw!! n i faithfully will

Me: yes thats the spirit!


After this she went into this crazy mood. She seemed so happy and knowing I made her happy made me happier. I was smiling like I never had before. And I am sure Jesus must've been smiling too thinking what a good job He had done. She changed her display name to " thnk u adi boie!!! i feel much betta!! and that made me ecstatic. We had chatted for almost five hours straight. I was having the best time of my life and I couldn't sleep and just sat in front of the computer waiting for her to come online again. I didn't sleep, didn't eat, I just sat there reading our saved conversations. And then I will never forget what happened the next day.
***
To be continued...

1 comment:

Comments are sexy.