July 28, 2008

DO every BOOK need to b read ''ENTIRELY''?

Its is so easy to feel compelled to finish every book u start.the book i took out from my shelve ..it then becomes my duty to complete it entirely.otherwise a great sense of guilt fills my mind if i do not reach the end of dat book .
but gradually i realized dat not every book deserves to be read in it entirety. i here remembr one quote:,'' some books r to b tasted, some to be swallowd, n some few to be chewd n othe digested. it just means dat some books are to b read partly,other to be read but not curiously and some few books to be read wholly n with diligence n attension.

i myself used to feel so guilty of feeling the need to read every book from beginning to end. but i soon found it not only made my reading unmanagable but i also begaN to enjoy the pastym of reading less. and then i decided i wud be more selective bout the books i read.i mean if i find that after reading first 3 chapters of a book ;i din gained any worthwhile informmation i put dat book away n make bettr use of my tym reading the next book in my piles

5 comments:

  1. hi sheetal..a couple of things...good post, but the "SMS" language you have used in the post somehow dilutes the essence yaar. Try not using it atleast in the posts..you can unleash it in the comments you post..he he!! the line,"some books r to b tasted, some to be swallowd, n some few to be chewd n othe digested." was really good. It would have been better had you left it there. Because the second line where you have explained this takes away the beauty of that line. Leave that to us readers to figure out. It would really deliver a punch yaar. The use of the SMSinglish has made the grammar bit a lil weak. Good post sheetal, but would have been lot better. Cheers...continue posting...i love reading ur poems...

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks sandeep ........i really appreciate ur advice n will try to do my best

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks sheetal..for taking it in right spirit...i was scared that i would be blasted by you...coz i am no shakespeare myself..he he...but friends help out friends rite..n i thought i could chip in...cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol...
    this was different from the last post i read by you..
    Oh Gosh!! Whenever I picked up a book from the library, I would always read its first and last two chapters..and if I liked it..then I continued reading the whole book..
    But then, it is not at all necessary to read the whole book..
    I never read Harry Potter..I read the first few pages of the first book and decided never to touch it again..

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. well i read first few pages

    if i like it then no matter why i will read the entire book otherwise ......i wont bother to touch it next time

    ReplyDelete

Comments are sexy.